Cayman Island Diving
World Renowned Diving Destination
Cayman Islands Diving
Diving enthusiasts from around the world have been drawn to the unparalleled splendor of Cayman Islands diving. Cayman Brac, considered one of the world’s premier scuba diving vacation destinations, is home to hundreds of varieties of fish, corals, and marine life. The pristine beauty of the warm Caribbean Sea provides a spectacular marine environment for reef, wall, and wreck diving.
Cayman Brac Diving
Reef Divers, the onsite dive operator at our Cayman Island all inclusive resort, provides first-class “valet” service, top-rated equipment and a modern fleet of specially designed dive boats. Their professional instructors and boat captains balance concern for your dive safety and care for the environment, yet are committed to give you an unforgettable and completely unique Cayman Brac diving experience.
Reef Divers is affiliated with PADI, SSI, and the Universal Referral Program. Reef Divers offers courses on everything from Resort Courses to Dive Master, however all courses must be pre-booked with the exception of Nitrox.
After checking in you'll be asked to complete a history form and return it to the dive shop. Don't forget your “C” card, you won't be able to dive without it. The boats depart each morning at 8:30 a.m. and again at 2 p.m. Water temperature ranges from 78° in the winter to 86° in the summer. Divers are encouraged to place their gear in a bag outside their door the first morning where the dive staff will pick it up, take it to the boat and set up their gear. After that the dive staff will take care of everything, including packing up your gear and rinsing it after the day’s diving.
If you are keen to get Cayman Island diving even faster, please feel free to complete the Release Form and Medical Statement* prior to your arrival.
* only required if completing certifications
It is recommended that diving is booked prior to arrival in order to secure a spot on the dive boat.
Cayman Brac Diving Location
Reef Divers’ boats depart from our Cayman Island all inclusive resort’s dive dock each day at 8:30 a.m. for a 2-Tank Morning Boat Dive, at 2:00 p.m. for a 1-Tank Afternoon Boat Dive and at 7:30 p.m. for a 1-Tank Night Boat Dive, on selected evenings each week.
Cayman Brac Diving Management & Staff
Our team of PADI and SSI certified professionals are committed to providing the best and safest Cayman Island diving experience on Cayman Brac. Reef Divers II, lead by Mick Maher, is a group of top professionals that are committed to excellence in serving you on your dive vacation.
Cayman Island Diving Center
Reef Divers offers guided Cayman Island diving boat trips; snorkeling trips, complete PADI and SSI instructional programs (including one day resort courses, four day full certifications and advanced training); and air-conditioned classroom; Nitrox and aluminum 80 c. ft. or 63 cu. Ft. scuba tanks, as well as a rental department of Scubapro dive equipment. In addition, the dive shop also offers equipment for purchase and an assortment of Reef Divers Cayman Brac logo t-shirts and other sportswear.
The Reef Divers dive center provides fresh water rinsing tanks, fresh water showers, a dive gear storage area, and restrooms. Reef Divers uses two water-cooled Mako V4 30cfm dive compressors complete with state-of-the-art filtration systems and plenty of air storage capacity.
Little Cayman and Cayman Brac Diving Highlights
- Site of one of the world’s best wreck dives, the Russian Missile Frigate #356, renamed the MV Capt. Keith Tibbetts.
- Turtles, Spotted Eagle Rays, Reef Sharks, Nassau Groupers, Moray Eels, Stingrays, Horse-Eye Jacks, Barracuda, Flying Gurnards and more!
- 100 different hard and soft corals and over 500 types of fish.
- Unlimited visibility...usually 100 to 150 feet...with little or no current.
- Warm water...Winter 78° to 80°, Summer 82° to 86°
- Trips to Bloody Bay Wall Marine Park are offered during the week, but are weather dependent.
Reef Divers guests enjoy the advantage of five custom-designed “super” Cayman Island dive boats, Twin Sister, Big Sister, Little Sister, Ocean Sister and Coral Sister. Custom designed for diving at Cayman Brac, these dive boats were built by Newton Boats, Inc., Slidell, Louisiana. Fabricated to American Bureau of Shipping specifications. These Newton dive boats are a diver's dream, 42-46 feet long and 16 feet wide with a cruising speed of 20 mph! These boats provide:
|Twin Sister||42 ft.||twin 300HP John Deere engines|
|Big Sister||46 ft.||twin 300HP Caterpillar engines|
|Little Sister||46 ft.||twin 385HP John Deere engines|
|Ocean Sister||46 ft.||twin 385HP John Deere engines|
|Coral Sister||46 ft.||twin 385HP John Deere engines|
- Fast, smooth boat rides to the best dive sites.
- Comfortable, bench seats, convenient gear storage area and tank racks.
- Plenty of shade with a sunning area on the forward deck.
- Sheltered cabin area providing protection from the wind and spray.
- Easy giant stride entry from the large stern dive platform.
- Easy exit from the water using dive ladders and handrails.
- Padded camera table in the cabin area to protect underwater photo gear.
- Freshwater shower.
- Ice water, fruit and snacks.
- Restroom facilities on board.
- A VHF ship-to-shore radio, an emergency oxygen kit, AED Kits, First aid equipment and United States Coast Guard approved boat safety equipment.
- A hanging regulator line or “hookah” and a surface current line are provided on dives. Dive tables are also on board each boat for non-computer diving.
Cayman Brac Diving Services: A "Valet" Diving Experience
Cayman Island diving is easier and more fun with Reef Divers!
- Divers don't have to lug gear every day from their rooms. Upon checking in, divers receive a Reef Divers bag for the duration of their stay. They put their gear in the bag, place it outside their door the first morning, and our dive staff will take it to the boat and set it up. The dive staff on-board changes the divers' tanks after every dive. At day's end divers take their wetsuits, diveskins and masks to the storage area to dry and their photo/video gear to their rooms. All of the divers gear on-board will be rinsed with fresh clean water after each diving day.
- Cayman Island dive boats use buoys attached to permanent moorings, thus providing a fixed descent line.
- Divers are welcome to use computers to maximize bottom time.
- Dive boats are limited to a maximum of 20 divers.
- Divers are provided an orientation at the dive shop, a briefing, dockside, on the dive boat before departure and a briefing at the dive site.
- Our Cayman Brac diving packages do not include diving on day of arrival or, for safety reasons, on day of departure. However, divers arriving at the resort in the morning may request a 1-tank afternoon boat dive..